Tonight Aaron and I had quite the spread.
I was having a hard time coming up with something creative for dinner when I came across the cheese counter at HEB. Amidst the cooler of pricey cheese wedges was a small dish full of reject pieces of said pricey cheeses. For the low price of a dollar or less I could sample several gourmet cheeses. I was in. Forgive me for my lack of palate as I relay the experience of my taste buds.
From Left to Right (Top Row):
1. Epicure Bally Oak Smoked: Strong/Sour Flavor, Creamy
2. Beemster Classic Gouda aged 18 Months: Creamy and Crumbly
3. Beemster Grakaas: Super Creamy, Swiss Cheese Like Flavor
4. Ilchester Applewood Smoked Cheddar: Smokey, Creamy, Reminds Me of Bacon
5. Hoffman's Smokey Sharp: Mild Smoke Flavor, Creamy
6. DaVinci: (Couldn't Find a Name on the Label) Honestly after having so many other cheeses I couldn't tell you what this one tasted like...I just know I did not like it.
(Forgot to Photograph)
7. Beemster With Neetles: Creamy, Olive and Garlic tones, Somewhat Sour
Overall, I only liked the smoked cheddar varieties, respectively numbers 4 and 5. Maybe I'm not meant for gourmet cheeses from around the world. Eh. So tell me about your favorite cheese! I would like to spread my horizons.